Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Adventures in Single Parenting: Day One

The next few days are going to be very strange around our house. Levi is gone to Kadesh at ACU. And this morning, Sheila and Rachel left for a four-day mission trip at the Fortress Church of Christ in Fort Worth. That leaves me at home with: (1) a big stack of work that needs to get done and (2) my two younger girls: Lexi and Becca.

Today went pretty well. I set up a work station in the bedroom and got in a solid days' work, pausing only to get some lunch together for the girls and myself during the early afternoon. The girls spent most of the day watching PBS which, as TV goes, is pretty good stuff I suppose. But I need to come up with some other ideas about things for them to do. (And, by the way, I'm open to suggestions...)

The plan tonight is to take the girls to bible class, followed by Chick-fil-A. We have more fun in store tomorrow night.

With one days' experience behind me, I have to say this - I don't think I would want to be a full-time single parent - and I admire those who are able to pull it off.

Related Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home